Welcome to Wat Buddhanusorn
Wat Buddhanusorn, “temple for the dedication of the Buddha”, was founded in 1983 and in keeping with Thai Theravadan Buddhist traditional has always relied on donations and volunteer work for its support. The main objectives behind the founding of the temple community are for propagating the Buddha’s teachings and practice, to teach and promote Thai arts, language, and culture to all those who are interested, and to serve as a pillar of the Thai community.
The Department of Cultural Promotion, Ministry of Culture granted us “Thai Cultural Council of Fremont, California U.S.A.” We are the first Cultural Council in U.S.A. Our registered name is Fremont Thai Cultural Council, Fremont, CA, U.S.A. Thank to the Abbot of Wat Suwannaram, Choa Khun Suchart who assisted us, guided us to the success of the appointing of the Cultural Council. [read more]
News & Updates
Interested in taking Thai dance and Thai music lessons for fun and may get a chance to perform? Free of charge. Read more...[...]
Children Ethic Class at Wat Buddhanusorn is a once a month, half an hour, Sunday session aim to help transmit and instill Buddhist and Thai ethic to our children. It is taught in English by volunteers since 2004.[...]
Help support students in Thailand with Phra Maha Prasert Kavissaro, the head monk of Wat Buddhanusorn.
For details information, please call us at 510-790-2296.
- 02/08/2014 11:00 amFree Thai Dance and Thai Music Lessons
- 02/16/2014Magha Puja Day - วันมาฆบูชา
- 02/22/2014 11:00 amFree Thai Dance and Thai Music Lessons
- 02/23/2014 10:00 amChildren Buddhist Ethic Class - วิชาจริยธรรมอิงพุทธสำหรับเด็ก
- 03/30/2014 10:00 amChildren Buddhist Ethic Class - วิชาจริยธรรมอิงพุทธสำหรับเด็ก
- 04/12/2014Songkran Day (Thai Traditional New Year) - วันตรุษสงกรานต์-วันกตัญญู
- 04/27/2014 10:00 amChildren Buddhist Ethic Class - วิชาจริยธรรมอิงพุทธสำหรับเด็ก
- 05/18/2014Visakha Puja Day - วันวิสาขบูชา