Youth Thai Language Summer Camp
Course InformationCourse EnrollmentClass ScheduleBeginning LevelIntermediate LevelAdvance LevelFinal Evaluation Criteria
2019 Course Information
- Start Date: Monday, June 10
- End Date: Friday, August 16
- Graduation Date: TBD
- Course Fee: $250 (Space is limited.)
How To Enroll
Registration for the Summer 2017 course will open on the dates indicate below:
- Apply in person
- Enrollment Dates
- Youth course: Sunday, June 9
- Adult Course: Sunday, July 9 (the first day of the class)
- Location: Wat Buddhanusorn
- Enrollment Dates
- Apply via Email
If you are unable to apply in person, please submit the school registration form via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Day: Monday-Friday except for holidays
- Time: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Drop off no earlier than 7 a.m.
- Pick-up no later than 5 p.m.
- The students will learn alphabets, vowels, and articulate sounds.
- Learn to identify letters, short and long vowels, and simple words through alphabet pictures, flashcards, fun games, and music which reflect Thai tradition and culture.
- Motivate students to learn through fun practice in matching words with pictures, phonics spelling, and vocabulary through story and poems.
- Practice tracing letters, vowels, and special marks. Learn the distinction between five tones and practice producing sound repeatedly.
- Encourage students in conversation and pronouncing simple phrases through singing, dancing, and show & tell.
Intermediate Level: Grade 1-3
- This class will practice conversation, reading and writing skills, including; vocabulary enhancements and reading comprehension through picture books.
- Practice composition and creative writing.
- Pronunciation practice of words within sentences.
- Speak effectively using languages, the style of tone, and social manners, appropriate to the situations and audiences.
- Learn manners of speaking and listening.
- Learn how to put words in the right order and form sentence structure.
Advanced Level: Grade 4-6
- The advanced level emphasizes overall reading comprehension and advanced writing.
- Encourage students to frequently read, pronounce words clearly and comprehend more complex sentence patterns and texts.
- Emphasize the use of daily conversation and appropriate vocabulary to specific situations.
- Practice writing grammatically correct sentences and use of appropriate words.
- Learn advanced vocabulary, meaning, spelling and pronunciation.
- Use descriptive vocabulary and proper spelling in written form.
- Use critical listening and viewing skills in various situations and for a variety of purposes.
Final Evaluation Criteria
- 60% – Class attendance (at least 60% of total teaching time)
- 20% – Final exam
- 80% – Evaluation of classroom activities and class assignments