We are your neighbor at 36054 Niles Blvd, Fremont, CA. We are in the process of renovating our temple and would like to reach out and inform you on the upcoming scope of work and the reasons why this is needed. We hope that the information here will help answer your questions on the impending improvements.
What is the primary purpose of the renovation?
- To update residential housing for monks and teachers.
- To improve temple meeting and classroom facilities
- To increase parking spaces within the temple grounds and reduce the need for external parking.
What is the purpose of the temple?
The temple is a nonprofit religious center organized primarily for the following purposes:
- It is a site for worship, religious services and ceremonies, and education with respect to (Theravada) Buddhism. It is a Thai church.
- The temple also serves as a Thai language and cultural center, offering classes in the Thai language, music, and dance for children and adults.
What are the schedule for the renovation and expected impact on neighboring areas?
- Pending approval of permits, we expect to begin construction in Spring 2021
- Construction hours will be from 8 AM to 5 PM (based on city approval)
- There might be more noise during the first phase of construction for the demolition of the old buildings and the wall.
- There should be no impact on neighborhood parking as construction vehicles will be inside the temple grounds
Other relevant FAQs
- Temple Visiting hours: 9 AM to 5 PM. Visitors are always welcomed to visit during these hours.
- Where can I post questions?
- Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is the temple’s website?
- Is there a scheduled Fremont Town Hall meeting scheduled for this renovation?
- We anticipate the Fremont Town Hall meeting sometime in early 2021. We will update the email@example.com as soon as we know this meeting time.